Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy (current) Memorial Day!

Today was wonderful.  I did rest a lot, and did a lot too.  My sweetheart did a lot more.  She amazes me every day.  She got up at 5 am, finished the work on dinner at midday today - brisket, baked beans, potato salad, real lemonade, pound cake with strawberries and homemade whipped cream.  Then at 7 she was out the door to decorate graves.  This was just about the time I finally stirred to life, sorry to say.  So I hurried and got on my long sleeved shirt and wide brimmed hat to protect me from the sun, took some antihistimines for the allergies and headed out to join her . . .


Doug Jr, Josh, Megan, Ethan, Kate, and Riley joined Willyne, Danielle, and I for the yummy feast.  Not too long after that they all headed to the swimming pool, and I . . . headed for an hour and a half snooze.  Told you I rested a lot today.  Here's Josh and Doug Jr getting Riley into the pool, big smiles! ...



Then it was back inside for movies.  I was in the family room with Doug Jr, Josh, and my grandchildren where we watched "Up".  I got a turn holding Riley, and Kate sat by me for awhile -- love that!  Meanwhile the ladies of the house were watching "Leap Year". 

After the movies, Josh and Megan took their crew home, and the remaining four of us settled in for a great game of chinese checkers on the new set from the Ugly Trailor (antique store) that looks just like the set Willyne's grandfather Ollie used to play her on.  Willyne won (she often does).

For a few minutes at the end of the day, Willyne played the piano -- that is always the ultimate treat for me.  Here's about a minute of it that I have to share with you . . .

Hope you had a nice Memorial Day too!

2 comments: