Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A few random thoughts tonight

I'm at day 5 of radiation treatments now.  It is going well.  I've had minor issues, but they have all seemed to pass in an hour or two, so I have been really blessed.  Today, I had a pretty bad headache so I took some ibuprofin and rested for an hour.  It didn't completely go away, but mostly it did, and I then carried on with my day.

I have been a little less strict in my eating, but still doing well overall.  I have been told to eat a fairly neutral diet, for example I can have some fruit and vegetables, but not too much.  So the giant plates of scrubbers are gone for awhile, until I am done with the treatments.  Going back to Sunday, I did gain a half pound in the past week.  My weigh-in was 255.6, and I feel pretty good!

I, and a lot of other people I know, am missing Stephen Sanders a lot.  He occupied a good part of bishopric meeting, discussing the good he did.  After the meeting, we went as a bishopric to visit the family.  I think we were able to cheer Norma up a little, and I'm glad for that.  She is missing him more than any of us, of course.

Allergies continue to improve, although I did have a sneezing fit about 7 pm for 15 minutes.  I'm back down to four allergy pills today (I was up as high as twelve last week) so I'm thankful for that!

I read I Ne 18-19 today, and Joshua 7-8. I love how reading the scriptures makes me feel.

2 comments:

  1. Total awes Dad! I'm glad that you are in a routine with the treatments and that you have started out great with them. The tortoise plows ahead!

    ReplyDelete