Thursday, May 6, 2010

Smash Burger with Doug Jr for His Graduation!

I'm wishing now I had thought to take a picture of the new "Smash Burger" in St. George.  This is where Doug Jr wanted to go for his bachelors degree graduation lunch, so Willyne, Josh, Jacob, and I joined him there.  It is a very modern looking place with bright colors and sharp graphics.  The food is fresh and good, we enjoyed a good conversation and meal!  Big congratulations to Doug Jr!

I had a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and red onion (hold the mayo) on a honey wheat roll.  We shared sweet potato fries, I had maybe a dozen with no sauce.  Drank water, but sampled one taste each of the mint and strawberry shakes others had.  All very good.  Other than that, I had my measured meals for breakfast and dinner and half a zone bar at each of two snacks.  I'll be honest, this is still hard, I like to eat!  But for another day I was able to stay with it, yea!

Thankfully, my allergies were a little better today, meaning I was able to control them with medicine, whereas yesterday, nothing would dent them, I was sneezing almost constantly.

I was looking through some notes today and rediscovered a Gandhi quote that I really appreciate,  "Be the change you wish to see in the world".  I mentioned it to Willyne and she pointed out that is also the message of the Michael Jackson song "Man in the Mirror".  It seems especially appropriate as the days and years progress and more of us seem unhappy with the way the world is going.  When I think this I really try to renew my efforts to be a better person myself.  It is a strong motivator, not to mention a very true thought from both of these men!

1 comment:

  1. Love the thought dad! The world can truly only experience change if we each decide to change ourselves.

    Big time congrats on another successful day with the food too! You were so controlled today while we ate, and I'm proud of all your doing. I'm envisioning Meg Ryan doing her little punching dance back and forth in the kitchen, and listening to Tom Hanks instant message her saying, "Fight! Fight to the Death!!" Yes I know they're two different scenes, but the combination of the two makes for a good image as you are truly in a fight to the death. Love!

    ReplyDelete