Monday, May 17, 2010

Goodbye for now, Stephen Sanders

Stephen Sanders passed from this life this morning. He blessed me and my family so much. He was a wonderful piano teacher to some of our children. He could visualize how to take sheet music and help ordinary people like me trying to sing in a choir to make it absolutely beautiful and expressive. I loved listening to him and my wife Willyne play the Hallelujah Chorus at Christmas on the piano and organ. He had a great love of England where he served his mission, you could see that love all over his home in pictures and more. He loved to make his hillside bloom in brilliant colors. All of us in La Verkin will miss his lights on the hill shaped like a giant Christmas tree that could be seen all over town. His birthday was on Halloween and he certainly loved that day as well.


Most especially, Stephen truly cared for, honored, and loved his mother. What an example to us all.

I know you are in a better place now, Stephen, and that you will contribute much there just as you did. All the same, I will miss you. I know Willyne and my whole family will too. Thanks for brightening our lives in so many ways! Goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment