Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It Begins . . . with pictures

Day 1 of radiation treatments.  I have some pictures  --  I think you will find them interesting . . .



Ready to start the treatment



First of six views















Thanks to my two great radiology technicians for being good sports and taking these great pictures!



Dressed again right after the treatments were done, standing with Dr. Richards.  I am enjoying him a lot -- he is clearly knowledgable, answers our questions clearly, and is very kind.




My own impression of what radiation treatments are has changed now that I am receiving them.  I think I pictured radiation going everywhere in the room.  It is not like that at all.  The machine moves to exact positions and the radiation is quite focused -- seems much like a laser beam.


I feel good.  I can feel that something was done for sure, but I was able to put in a full day afterwards.  I was at work until about 4, then left and helped Willyne and the Relief Society sisters honor twelve living past presidents.  It was a nice evening of music (piano and violin numbers), listening to the experiences of these good ladies, and a tasty dinner of chicken and rice, spinach -strawberry salad (thanks, Hilary for the yummy dressing recipe), cranberry bread, and some amazing lemon cupcakes.  I had half mine.


No walk today, but four hours of walking, lifting, and taking pictures so I felt like I got my exercise!


A good day :)

1 comment:

  1. Were so glad your first day of treatment went well. And big time yeah for you feeling so good afterwards. One day down, and just a few more to go :) Excited to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete