Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 12 was very good.  The allergies are still here, but I only am needing half the antihistamine I did a week ago.  So I am getting a little more energy each day, which I'm really enjoying!  I was tired for a moment as I was leaving the hospital, and at 11 I was thinking I needed to go home for a nap.  I decided to eat lunch a little early, and that gave me more energy.

I have been eating quite reasonably.  Small amounts of meat, generous amounts of vegetables, and overall I am gradually becoming satisfied with small portions.  I am pretty active each day, but haven't been able to go on walks for a month.  I am still looking forward to starting those again and think I will able to soon.

Tomorrow is another treatment, I go five days a week, Monday to Friday.  Because of Memorial Day, I will have three days to rest and recuperate instead of two this weekend.  But so far, I am quite thankful to say that this week has actually been a little easier than last week.  I am so appreciative of this!  I know this may change, which is one reason I take one day at a time.  I am also quite aware of my blessings each day, and am thankful for them day by day. 

Many people, of a variety of faiths, backgrounds, and beliefs, have told me they are praying for me.  I truly feel the strength of these prayers, and I'm so very grateful for them!  I know this is blessing those offering  the prayers as much as it is me, and that realization makes me smile.

I am listening to the Old Testament on CDs in the car and reading lessons in the LDS Institute manual when I get home.  My son-in-law Darin Ragozzine wrote a weekly reading plan at the first of the year that keeps pace with the Sunday School class lessons and also allows the reader to complete the Old Testament in a year.  I am finding the combination of listening, reading the lessons, and checking out scripture references in the lessons very helpful in better understanding and feeling the spirit of the Old Testament.   I'm behind Darin's pace, but staying with it and really enjoying it!

Melissa Fisher, a member of our ward, was in our home tonight.  Willyne is teaching her the missionary lessons.  I'm helping her along with our ward mission leaders, Eldon and Claudia Pierce.  Tonight we talked about baptism and how the sacrament allows us to renew our baptismal covenants each week.  Melissa's smile is growing each week and there is such a sweet spirit in these lessons.  I am very grateful to be able to share in that spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment