Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Smell of Rain this Tuesday Morning

Up at 5:45 today.  Helped Willyne fill the hummingbird feeders and put out bird seed.  It is raining lightly but steadily, smells nice!  Willyne and I visited the Jaques family and said goodbye to Michael, who is on his way early this morning to Job Corps in Montana for two years.  I hope it works out well for him.

Breakfast was a kefir shake, vitamins, and water.  I am enjoying them :o)     As a side note, my weigh-in Sunday morning was 255.0, down two pounds for the week.

Read 1 Nephi 11.  I love this beautiful account of Nephi's vision of the coming of Christ!  Also read Joshua 2-3.  Joshua was definitely a man of faith and a prophet.

Got to work at 8:30.  Tried to get a lot done preparing for going to part-time for several weeks with the radiation treatments starting tomorrow.  Got home at 6:15, had a quick dinner with Willyne, then headed to bishopric meeting.  House smells WONDERFUL, she's cooking up some wonderful creations for tomorrow's dinner honoring eleven past ward Relief Society presidents!

Yes, even with the good smells, I was good.   Lunch was a "Wahoo burger" -- it is a type of fish on a wheat bun.  Dinner was a chicken fajita with some beans.  Drank close to three liters of water today.

Still no walking.  Allergies are gradually improving, but I'm still hour to hour and am afraid I would go into an uncontrollable sneezing fit so I'm holding off a little longer.  I miss the walks!

No comments:

Post a Comment