Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Great Day Supporting Family Achieving Their Dreams

It was nice having Benjamin home from BYU today.  He came to do the St. George Triathlon - 1500 meters swim, 32 km bike ride, and 10 km run.  It was a late start (8:45 am) and a beautiful clear day, so plenty of sunshine for him.  I will post some pictures soon, including me in a long sleeve shirt and wide brim cowboy hat to try to get as much shade as possible, because radiation and lots of exposure to the sun don't mix too well.  I did great, no worries.

Benjamin finished and is in good spirits tonight, I'm impressed, he really doesn't seem that stiff.  His time was about 4 hrs 40 min which didn't set any records (the winner did it in like 1 hr 58 min) but he got lots of cheers as he finished!  More info on the event is available here.

My uncle Wally did a century ride today as well -- 104 miles from Portland, OR to the beach on a benefit ride for the American Lung Association.  I haven't heard how he did yet, but this is becoming a yearly tradition for him, so I'm sure it was great.  You can see a picture of him riding and more info on his event here.

I get a rest from the radiation treatments on the weekend, probably a good thing since I was extra sleepy today.  But then they said that would happen, I'm looking at it as a positive and figure that is a time my body can use to heal itself!

Check back in a day or two and I'll have the pictures here of a great day supporting family achieving their dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment