Monday, April 12, 2010

T minus 3 days and counting . . .

A nice day.  There was a little rain and wind in our valley today.  That made it pretty, also kicked up allergies for me and several other people I know.  Actually, I've been thankful that we're already to mid April and I haven't had a bad season -- I attribute it to allergeasy that Dr. Carter prescribed for me a year ago.  But usually even with the medication I start reacting before now . . .

I had a question today from my cousin Margo about the name of this blog, guess it is a story in and of itself that I'll gradually tell like peeling the layers of an onion.  But the most immediate part is that my prostate cancer is gradually rising 3 1/2 years after surgery, so we are doing several things to combat it.  Partly lifestyle changes, I'm trying to walk more, eat better, you know things I should have been doing all along anyway, but needed strong motivation to get me to do.  And even now I still find it a challenge, so my son Benjamin coined a phrase at the start of the year that he was starting a project to "Keep Dad Alive", which I adopted into the name of this blog.  I can tell you how I am doing at it, and you can keep me in line when I slip (hopefully less and less often :)

Becca is headed back to college in Idaho at the end of the week, it has been great having her here since Christmas!  So we spent a little time together tonight, very nice, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment