Thursday, April 29, 2010

A New Doctor Today

I had my first visit with Dr. Ray Richards today.  Willyne came with me.  He is the one we have been referred to for radiation treatments here in St. George.  It was a good and productive visit.  I will go back next week for some scans to help him plan precisely where the radiation will be directed, and then we will proceed about a week after that.  Dr. Richards sounds like he wants to do six weeks of treatments rather than eight, and he was optimistic on the results (while not guaranteeing them).

We have discovered that Dr. Richards is Doug Jr's stake president and my brother Steve's former neighbor when Steve lived on Lizzie Lane.  Additional proof it anyone needed it that this is indeed a small world!

My allergies have been awful today, my nose is now cracked and I've put ointment on it to try to help.  So I will make the rest of this quick -- I did a mile at 2% grade on the treadmill this morning, I had small healthy meals today, and enjoyed listening to some chapters in Leviticus on a DVD while driving today.  That puts a good spirit in the car!

4 comments:

  1. Righteous Dad! So does this mean you aren't starting on Monday? Your exercise has been great this week! I'm hoping this really helps you as you start the treatments, plus I like the idea of 6 weeks compared to just 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Benjamin, total awes news on 6 weeks instead of 8. With tests being this coming week when is the estimated start date for treatments? Your dedication to healthy eating and exercise is an inspiration to me. Time for me to get off my tush, and get back into the game. Thanks for being the passionately smiling tortoise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog. We feel so much more connected with you and love come here for updates. Yeah for good doctors, I'm glad you liked him and feel so optimistic. We just keep chanting your name here encouraging you from Tampa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the love, I really appreciate it! After the May 6 doctor visit to get more data to specifically plan the treatments he will study it "at least a week". I'm guessing we will start somewhere between May 13 and 17, which means I will end around Jun 21-25.

    ReplyDelete