Sunday, April 25, 2010

Random Sunday Thoughts

My weigh-in today was 262.5 which put me about 3 pounds less than two weeks ago and even for the week of the trip.

It was a usual busy Sunday. Meetings 7 to 12. During Priesthood I had a temple recommend interview with President Eves that was an opportunity for both of us to bear testimonies to each other that was very sweet.

Helped finish up the last audit of this semiannual cycle and turned it into President Chamberlain. I had a good conversation with him too, how often do you get that in the same day? He released me to focus on my upcoming radiation treatments and beating this cancer. I have know this might happen for a month, and I needed that month and now have come to realize it is for the best.

I know the Lord is in charge of His church, that He loves us completely, and He wants what is best for us always, even when it takes us awhile to see it!

I then came home, met Willyne to visit three families with her and go to choir practice. I don't always have time for choir but I love singing (even though I'm only OK at best) because it is such a powerful way to bear testimony and feel the Lord's Spirit!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad they are freeing you up a bit with the treatments coming up. Let us know when those start, I think you have already told me but I've forgotten

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were scheduled to begin Monday, May 3 when I was going to do them in Salt Lake. I am meeting with the doctor here on Thursday, April 29 to go over the treatment schedule here, so I will know for sure then. I still expect to start next week.

    ReplyDelete