Saturday, April 10, 2010

Two New Blog Features and Some Pretty Pictures From The Air

I have added two new features to this blog today:


1. An item in the lower right column highlighting video clips I really feel are exceptional and are indicative of my fundamental feelings about life. The inspiration to start this came from listening to Benjamin for years say that if it wasn't for sporting events, many of us would never pause to listen or even think about our National Anthem. Last night a client and friend, Jan Moorehead, forwarded me a video clip that has been viewed over 4 million times. I agree with Jan, this is pretty much the ultimate way to present our National Anthem. As I see other video clips of this caliber in the future I intend to add links to them in this item.


2. Some of you have asked how you can be easily notified when I add new items or comments are made here. Just below the followers section in the right column, I have added an item where you can subscribe to either items, comments, or both using your choice of several different services including Google, My Yahoo, and more. Please let me know if this helps, I'm not familiar enough with how those work to know for sure. This is simply an attempt at it. :)

Here are some thoughts later in the day while headed home . . .

You might enjoy sharing this view of Mt Baldy I had while flying home today!


Look at all that snow!



I think I'm ready to try climbing it again (its been 22 years since I did it). Anyone care to join me, say in July?

(It's the highest mountain in the San Gabriel Mountains at just over 10,000 ft straddling the Los Angeles-San Bernardino county line.  On a clear day you get an unbelievable view of the entire Los Angeles basin.  On a normal day, especially  in July, you see an unbelievable amount of smog.  The trail starts at around 6,000 ft and is a reasonable day hike)

2 comments:

  1. I would love to hike it with you but don't know about July? Already a lot going on that month. Is it too cold to go later than that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. August or even September should be warm enough. I only said July in case someone out for family reunion wanted to join in. Later is actually probably safer for me for the reasons Josh has already mentioned in the past--more time for me to rebuild strength after completing radiation treatments. :)

    ReplyDelete