Monday, April 19, 2010

Shot heard from Lexington, ’round the world

We started the day early today and were at the Lexington Green for the annual reenactment of the first shots fired in the American Revolution, April 19, 1775. It was a beautiful crisp morning to be out, and a good way to visualize history as it was originally made. Here's an article with more information on it, Shot heard from Lexington, ’round the world, and a picture from that article:


Here's a larger view of the action on the Green (it's not as clear so you know I took this picture . . .)


To add a little exercise info into this for Benjamin, I walked 0.8 miles round trip to this event, and on the way there I was (unbelievably) the pacesetter at a brisk pace so we did have a good heart rate going.

Later in the morning I walked to Waldo Park near the Ragozzine home with Chloe.  Brought the total to the day to 1.5 miles.  She is a delight at the park as you can see!



I ate pretty well most of the day too, including oatmeal pancakes with applesauce (tasted great!), homemade vegetable soup, and a salad.  I did help eat a treat tonight -- we all went together to the final Patriot's Day event of the day put on by the Ragozzine's ward, which was an ice cream social at this awesome farm about 30 minutes from their house.  Five of us shared one gigantic banana split.  If I'm going to have a treat, might as well be a great one!

2 comments:

  1. How was the ice cream? I can't wait to have it, plus I love all the walking for a vacation this is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice cream was homemade, fresh, and wonderful. I definitely recommend the beautiful drive into the country to enjoy this treat!

    ReplyDelete