Saturday, November 20, 2010

Embracing Your Inner Nerd

Quote of the day.."I just gave up and embraced my inner nerd" - Emma Watson in USA Today commenting on her feelings portraying Hermoine Granger. 


Day 8 ... walked 1.38 miles, burned 134 calories, pulse range 93 to 116.  First 6 minutes no grade (then I remembered), remaining 24 minutes @ 2%.  Morning walks are best, glad to be back there today!

Just saw another great quote, now that it's after 9 pm, that is going to give Ms. Watson a run for her money ...  "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." - Leo Tolstoy.  Reminds me of the Gandhi quote I liked so much that I wrote about it twice this year, on May 6 (look at the bottom) and September 9.

Tell you what, I'll let the people decide ... the polls are now open, type a comment and tell me which quote deserves to be the quote of the day, and why.  Can't wait to see the diversity of your answers ...

Benjamin, your turn to be featured on the blog ... not once but twice in one post!  First, we have a picture just for you ... OK, maybe this reminds me as much of Rachel as you, but Mr. Steamed Zucchini, look at this great lunch I ate on day eight ... steamed rice with mushroom chicken and chop suey vegetables.  That was a follow up to breakfast that was a cup of oatmeal with a cup of peach yogurt and 2 hard boiled eggs.  Hey, I may be on the road, but I'm trying pretty hard to be good!



The turkey tie is a nice touch too, don't you think (even if I am purposely headless here) ... which leads us to Benjamin item 2 ... check out this picture that makes me think of the astronomy pictures of the day that you like to post.  (Click here to see it, it is worth it ...)  It may not be a picture of space, instead these are pictures FROM space!  I'm thinking London looks pretty good from space, and you get the green northern lights in the same shot -- wow!

I will conclude today's post with props to guest blogger Joshua K. Beecher, who volunteered to write this well-thought out piece for my tax and money blog.  It was published today, be sure to go give it a read.

6 comments:

  1. That is a way sweet shot! And yes that meal looks great but must admit the other picture you took of your breakfast looked delicious! Keep up the great work, this is fanastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference in the two meals is very important. The breakfast was made by your mother. The lunch was made by a strip mall Chinese place (a Panda wannabe). But as I mentioned, I'm on the road so just be glad I'm not eating french fries 3 meals a day ... :) Actually that sounds nasty just thinking about it, but you really do have to get creative to avoid them. My favorite on that is substituting a small chili for them at Wendy's.

    So what did you think of the night view of London from outer space?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating awes on the road, super hard to do, and so easy to justify when you give in to the goodness. There are lots of good options, but so many not good for you ones as well. I just ready that Wendy's came out with a natural french fry with sea salt, don't know the nutritional value, but could be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen that at any Wendy's I've been to yet, but I'll keep my eye out just out of curiosity. The fact that it is still undoubtedly fried (can you imagine what unfried fries would taste like) means the nutritional value probably approaches zero as a limit as some of my math teachers would have liked to have said ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!

    As a post script, I have now seen the natural french fries with sea salt at local Wendy's ... but I still haven't given them a try -- I just like that small chili too much, and it's loaded with lean scrubbers!

    ReplyDelete