Friday, November 12, 2010

The Treadmill Is My Friend

I need to keep telling myself this.  I know it is true, but I like walking in the fresh air.  I will keep telling myself that the treadmill is my friend.

It is 7:51 am.  Earlier this hour I completed a 30 minute visit with my friend.  According to the glowing red indicators of its console, I walked 1.16 miles at a 2% incline, burning 123.4 calories.  I'm not sure of my friend's level of accuracy, and will be recording statistics not because I love numbers (I can hear you all laughing now), and not because I believe them to be absolute truth, but as a guide to compare performance from one day to the next and to measure consistency.  Obviously I am hoping for steady consistent performance (I am the passionately smiling tortoise, after all) and for gradual improvement.

You may not be impressed with a pace of 2.32 miles per hour, if that is indeed correct.  Regardless, I can feel up and down my body that I did something good.  I'm going to get in the shower, head to work, and be happy!
----------------------------------------------------------------


Here I am at the office taking a picture of my breakfast of champions.  It was intended to be lunch, but I'm concerned the smell of salmon will linger in the refrigerator if I store it there until lunch.  And this actually looks very good to me, even at breakfast time.  The bread is from Great Harvest by the way, yum, yum!  So I am eating this now while reading scriptures, and will have my oatmeal breakfast for lunch.  Sounds good to me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I read Alma 4 and 5.  Alma 5 is quite a testimony.  I am thinking I will read it again tomorrow.  I am also very impressed.  Here is a man who is truly more concerned with God than with man.  He steps down from his elected office as leader of his country and watches another get elected in his place.  This so he can travel throughout the country bearing his testimony and preaching the Gospel of Christ.  We should be so blessed today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment