Friday, November 5, 2010

A Tough Friday

I wanted to clean up the invoice file from our computer woes a few weeks ago, and get everything ready so Willyne can help get the current month invoices out.  If I'm really lucky I can get it done today and tomorrow in two long, effective days.

My clients had different ideas.  You know that saying "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"?  That was a partial description of my day, which included an inquiry from a former client who moved from one state to another in 2007 -- now the state moved to says taxes were done wrong, so of course I need to drop everything and fix it (if indeed I actually made a mistake ... we shall see), it also included the usual assortment of cash management issues which would result in stranded employees of a client in a distant city unless I could unravel it.

Bottom line.  I did what I had to so that I could move on to what I had determined to do today.  After all, we need to collect from someone to keep operating, don't we!  So I had two work days, the before and after, with a one hour break in between to eat some ice cream slowly, enjoy talking to Josh, and generally settle my stomach so I could begin the second work day.

It worked.  I had a great afternoon and evening and got a lot done!

No comments:

Post a Comment