Monday, November 22, 2010

Another Day, Another (1.39) Mile

Here I am with my special shirt visiting my friend the treadmill.  When I was down getting my oatmeal, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs this morning, I was in my treadmill attire and a young fellow said "Excuse me, sir, I love your shirt, can I take a picture of it?"  His friends laughed, but he took the picture anyway ... (We wouldn't want that count of one bean not to be audited, would we?).  After that experience, I had to take this picture for me and Rachel ...



Day 9 results on the friendly treadmill, 1.39 miles @ 2% grade in 30 minutes, burned 139 calories, heart rate range 99-127.  Evenings are tough, but we have to do what it takes. 

This Elder Wirthlin quote touched me today.  "When prayer gets routine, step back and think.  Meditate for awhile on the things for which you are really grateful."  I liked it enough to go in more detail in my "I Believe" blog today.  Please click and read it there.

2 comments:

  1. You have to laugh when someone loves this shirt :) A fellow auditor that feels our pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either I'm getting older (obviously true) or this kid is barely in college (ever notice how college students seem more and more like middle school students as you get older, or is it just me?). Maybe he's studying to be an auditor. Or maybe he just has a really interesting sense of humor. Either way I had a lot of fun with it, and had to share that fun with you!

    ReplyDelete