Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Out of breath just thinking about it

Up at 5,, out the door at 6, blew a tire just past 7 (and I just had them checked - does that sound familiar Becca?), AAA came and put the donut back on, realized I didn't get Willyne a Southwest Airlines boarding pass a few minutes later, pulled over, asked her to drive, spent the next hour pulling a rabbit out of a hat and got her a good boarding pass, an important thing because she was carrying bubble wrapped ceramic nativity pieces in her carry-on and there needed to be room in the overhead bin, got a couple really nice e-mails from Sarah just as I pulled up at the curbside melee at McCarran, glad you like my cleaner desk (can't say clean yet, it is a work in progress), started driving back, filled the tank with gas, ate two pancakes and scrambled eggs because I needed to calm down with some comfort food, found out Willyne got a good seat on the emergency exit row and there was a room in the overhead bin, pancakes, syrup, and cold milk did their job and I calmed down, met with a real estate agent client when I got to Mesquite, business is actually going good for this client (yea!), stopped and picked up some Popeyes to surprise Doug and Josh, talked to Doug for a little while when I dropped off the chicken wraps and chicken biscuits with lots of honey mustard packets, he has been a loyal supporter of this blog, thanks for all the great comments in the 7 months this has been going!, stopped to get some papers at the office, Harry was still there finishing up a report I am taking to see a client up north tomorrow so I told him about the client I saw in Mesquite today, got a phone call from a client who lives in Pahrump, Nevada just as I pulled up at the house got my city council book, client is in St. George for two hours to go to their granddaughters' third birthday party, "can we meet with you to give you some tax papers before we go home tonight?", ate a bite of grated cheese (a good blend, yum), said hello to Danielle, voted to approve committing city funds to match a state grant to build some more sidewalk on State Street, suggested doing a six-foot wide sidewalk instead of four so there is room to plant trees and put in street lights, Hugh Howard agreed that was a good idea, so staff is going to see what this is going to cost and report back to us, we discussed what our options are for fire protection since Hurricane has indicated its intent to withdraw from the fire district in January 2012, we don't understand why they want to withdraw, it is better for everyone to be in this together but we will do OK with Toquerville and Virgin if they go through with this, went back home, nuked a high quality orange chicken bowl, heard rain and thunder start pounding on the roof, where did that come from, ten minutes later there was a pause in the rain, I headed back to St. George to meet with the client, that went well, returned home, took the trash can to the street, and started typing this.  I am 2 for 3 on walking this week.  Plan was to do it tonight, but I couldn't talk myself into walking in the pouring rain and thunder.  I have the clock set for 5 and hope there is a break in the weather then.   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, and not a minute too soon!

(The lengthy run-on sentence adds to ambiance of this post, don't you think?)

4 comments:

  1. The total day! Thanks again awes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was righteous. Friend you are a machine, that day seemed very untortise like to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day! Loved the run-on sentence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comments, thanks! Remember we are talking about a passionately smiling tortoise here, not some passive thing. Persistence. Keep going all day.

    OK, I will grant you the tortoise was crawling around on rocket fuel today and gave the hare a real run for his money. :)

    ReplyDelete