Thursday, October 7, 2010

One

It's time to call it a day.  I needed to get energized so I switched Pandora stations a little while ago from my usual collection of piano and instrumentals and now have on my classic 60s-70s mix.  This station is seeded from the Moody Blues, and the computer has suggested songs I give thumbs up or down to from there.  The most recent song it played was "One" by Three Dog Night.  (It's the "loneliest number that you'll ever do" with a very catchy beat.)

The techie working on our computer at the store didn't come in today, so we got a substitute who wasn't as good.  So another day passed without getting it back, but Harry will pick it up and bring it in tomorrow morning and we can start trying to return to normal and not a minute too soon -- tax extensions run out Friday of next week.

I am surprised the stock market hasn't been hit with more profit taking recently.  I think it is perfectly logical that it has been stuck in a fairly narrow range for several months now.  The economy is no longer terrible (just stuck in general malaise), so it shouldn't drop too low, but there is really no persuasive reason for it to rally much either.  It has now pushed through the high end of its range, where it is now stalled.  So maybe the profit taking is about to begin.  Or maybe it will take a little longer yet, but I do believe it is coming ...

I read Mosiah 15 today.  I really admire Abinadi's courage.  He stood before King Noah in chains and boldly explained many wonderful things about Jesus Christ and what He has done for us.  It is one thing to do that comfortably in General Conference.  I have enough admiration for our apostles and prophets who do that.  But Abinadi doing it in such adverse conditions is especially noteworthy for me.

What else did I do today?  Research on my latest tax blog post, which will come out Saturday.  Helped Willyne get set up for a nice potluck she had with the Relief Society sisters.  Had a yummy dinner of lasagna (thanks).  Discussed city business on the phone with the mayor and also with a fellow community member.  Got excited that Pamela Despain has an e-mail address and the Internet.  I'm happy for you!  Confirmed that Floryne's car ad is delected from KSL.com and Craig's List.  (The car is sold and the ad was already removed).

Which brings me back to one.  I am on day one on walking.  Willyne went for a walk this morning, I invited myself along, so the walking has started again. I didn't feel like it, but of course I was glad when I got done.

Overall, it was a pretty typical day -- I touched lots of things.  Now I think I'll touch my pillow ....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment