Wednesday, October 27, 2010

More Scrubbers - Got to Love It!

I just finished a meal of a salmon burger patty, vegetables, and water.  I knew it would sit well, and it is.  I love the feeling of scrubbers doing their excellent work!  I'm not sure what make a salmon burger patty different than a salmon fillet, but it was good as is, microwaved on my plate with the vegetables.  My treat when I am done writing this is an orange and vanilla ice cream bar.  Yum.  Yea for Willyne, she knew what I would like and made sure it was here.  Even when she is away, she is taking care of me.  I am a very blessed man.

I read Mosiah 19 today.  Interesting chapter.  Limhi and his people thankfully agreed to pay a 50% income tax on everything they produced -- no deductions.  Thankfully, because they thought they were about to be killed, and a 50% tax sounded much better than that.  It won't take too long before they decide they are essentially slaves, humble themselves before the Lord, and pray fervently for forgiveness and deliverance.  Is there anything we can learn from them for us today? 

Remember when contemplating your answer that we have many layers of taxation.  By the time you add up total government spending (national, state, local, etc.) as a percentage of total national production, we're not as much lower than 50% as you may think.  Then ask yourself, are tax increases or decreases in our future. 

Like I said, an interesting chapter.  Perhaps we should be praying more fervently for forgiveness and deliverance.

I'm going to have that orange and vanilla ice cream bar now.  Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment