Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Fine" defined

Today was a perfectly ordinary, nothing spectacular, workmanlike day.  That was designed to get the writing juices flowing at a moment when I don't have any.  There was nothing wrong with the day.  Perhaps I have just discovered the true defintion of a word I dislike, "fine".  Today was fine.   I worked.  I had lunch with Doug Jr. at his home.  We talked sports and politics.  (There is an election coming up next week, no big surprise there.)  I enjoyed it, and all too soon it was time to get going again.

I visited some clients in St. George.  I made several trips to the bano.  (Sorry, I don't know how to put the tilde over the n on a computer.)  Those trips left me feeling drained.  I still have days like that four months after finishing radiation treatments, and actually what they do is remind me how glad I am to have the good days.

I'm home now, just ate some dinner, then will be headed over to the church to take the minutes at bishopric meeting.  It is cool today, but the rain has stopped and the sky was pretty and blue.  Wrapping up in one of Willyne's big warm quilts sounds really good.  I miss her.  The house is very quiet without her, definitely feels like someone important is missing.  She is in Tampa visiting the Jacksons.  I'm glad she's there, actually wish I was there with her.  I love doing goofy things with my grandchildren!

It was a fine day!

3 comments:

  1. Never thought I would see the day Dad used fine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this word was banned from your vocabulary, though I must admit it is the perfect word to describe this day! We wish you were here too, and love borrowing momma for a few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do indeed have a list of words that I think are useless because they essentially say nothing. Fine and miscellaneous are right up there at the top. So the fact that I used such a word tells you something about what I was feeling when I was writing.

    Willyne sent me some pictures today of Maggie and Emma playing in the water. Total goodness! For a brief moment I was transported there and I loved being with you!

    ReplyDelete