Friday, October 22, 2010

Surprise!



I am on a quick trip north.  Worked in the office yesterday morning, drove to near Ogden in the afternoon, had a business planning consultation with Tony Tams starting at 5, then headed on to Pocatello in the evening.  This morning I finished a detailed tax planning model utilizing an Excel spreadsheet for Tony's son-in-law who has dental offices in Pocatello and Idaho Falls.  Then I met with him this afternoon, answering questions by changing assumptions in the model and letting him see how those changes would affect the taxes he will need to pay.  Just one example, changing how the depreciation on equipment purchased earlier this year is allocated (all in one year or in multiple years) increased the tax in the current year but decreased total tax over a two year period by $7,000.  I like finding solutions like that.

I head home in the morning but first I showed up at Becca's door at 6:30 and surprised her.  The look on her face was wonderful!   We enjoyed two hours together and then I went back to Pocatello ...

2 comments: