Monday, August 9, 2010

Welcome Jay L Beck and Scouts


I know the fellow just to the left of me in this picture as Elder Beck, he started his mission in October 1972 a few weeks after I did and we were in the same district as greenies, so I got to know him pretty well.  He has always been a good musician, and today teaches music at the Waterford School in the Draper area.

His children are younger than mine, and he is a scout leader in his ward in Alpine, Utah.  They are camping in our field tonight and came here to hike in Zion today and tomorrow.  It was a fun evening with them, and I'm glad they came.  As a fun, unexpected bonus, there is a 100th anniversary edition of the Scout handbook which they all signed and gave to us as a thank you.  Very nice and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment