Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meeting and Greeting


It was an exciting fifth Sunday today.  No early morning meetings (the once a quarter treat).  I slept without an alarm, and even after a nap yesterday, I clearly needed every bit of it.  I hurried and got to church in the opening song.  Not recommended.  I am sorry.  Really.

Elder Jamie Price is leaving on his mission this week, headed to the Mexico Mexico City West Mission.  Maybe they should call it the Mexico D.F. West Mission just to avoid duplicating the name Mexico.  (D.F. is kind of like our D.C., it is the Distrito Federal for the national capital -- not located in any state). 

Jamie spoke in Sacrament Meeting today along with Jed Stout.  They were both very good.  The spirit was strong.  Willyne told Jed later that an experience he related in his talk discussed the very issues that some investigators in the congregation were dealing with in their lives.  He did not know that, and had not been planning to include it in his talk, but felt impressed to do so.  I notice this happening too often for me to believe it is mere coincidence.

Later in the day Willyne and I held our Meet and Greet, with lots of help from Becca and Danielle.  We lost count somewhere around 70 people.  Maybe it is the teriyaki meatballs.  Maybe it is the yummy desserts.  Maybe it is Claudia Pierce's homemade bread.  Maybe it is just the chance to really informally talk to lots of new people.  I'd say it's all of that and more, thanks, Willyne for being the inspiration behind a really great thing.  I'm glad to be able to help make it happen.  :)



We all know my phone takes OK pictures at best - this shows several conversations going in just one of four rooms people gathered in

-----------------------------------------------------

It is ten days until this becomes an invitation-only blog on Wednesday, September 8. Please see the August 25 entry and comments for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment