Saturday, August 21, 2010

Varied Pictures Today

I wrote yesterday's post on my BlackBerry from a parking lot while taking a rest stop in Las Vegas on the way home last night.  I haven't figured out how to post pictures to my blog that way, so here's a couple of yesterday's gems ...



My blown tire





 
Greetings from Walker Lake, between Schurz and Hawthorne in Mineral County, Nevada. Its deep blue water along a twenty mile shoreline makes a sharp contrast with the starkly arid terrain surrounding it.
 
 

We had an outdoor activity of our church ward today looking at our 72 hour emergency kits -- what do we have in them, and how old are the items?  It was fun to get outside with our friends, and it got us all thinking of things we could be doing better at being prepared for emergencies, which of course was the point.

2 comments:

  1. Another time where I loved catching up on everything. Thanks for the great posts and I'm glad that the blown tire wasn't too serious. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very blessed - both by the tire miracles and by your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete