Monday, August 23, 2010

Honolulu Grill with Doug Jr and Josh

Today we'll have a  restaurant review ...

I met Doug Jr and Josh in St. George for lunch.  Doug is always on the prowl for the greatest hamburger of all time.  I thought he had settled on Smashburger, so I suggested it for today's lunch.  He texted back, I've been telling Josh about the Honolulu Burger, does that work?   So, we met there.

The Honolulu Burger includes a thick, juicy patty, topped with teriyaki beef, lettuce, tomato, and onion.  Cheese is an extra 25 cents.  Doug asked for no mayonnaise, which is something I usually don't have either, but on the first time, I wanted them to give me their best shot, so I kept it on.   Their teriyaki beef is tasty, I would rather have it on a burger than say bacon.  However, if we're looking for all time best, I'd say adding pastrami (at the Hat in southern California, or occasionally at Carls Jr) is even better.  And I wound up agreeing with Doug on the mayo, next time if I order the burger I'll leave it off.  The cheese was OK, but I think I'd rather concentrate on the flavor of the teriyaki beef, so that stays off for me in the future too.

I say if, because Josh got the Honolulu Plate.  Doug couldn't convince him to try the burger.  The plate comes with seasoned rice, chicken, and pulled pork.  The pork was good but not outstanding in my view, but the bite of teriyaki chicken he shared with me was the tastiest bite of the meal.  Because of that, I'll probably try the plate next time...

We had a nice conversation, thanks for sharing lunch with me, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment