Friday, August 6, 2010

Pulling Popcorn Off The Apricot Tree (OK - The Ceiling)


This is what our family room looked like today while workers were getting the old acoustic ceiling, nicknamed popcorn, off.  We made the decision to do this several months ago when the doctors told us that given my allergies to dust and my cancer, we should consider doing it at least in the rooms I spend the most time in.  So we picked a day a couple weeks after the last of our children and grandchildren returned home from our reunion, thinking it would be a relatively quiet time to do it ...

As you may have noted from posts earlier in the week, there have been two major funerals in our lives this week.  Aside from the fact these were good friends that we dearly miss, it also meant our project happened when we gave significant time to helping out. 

And we were glad for that opportunity.  Willyne and I are both bone tired today, but we are smiling and happy.  She got in a little crocheting this evening, and I listened to a couple of my favorite Pandora stations while getting some paperwork done starting around 3 pm after most of the workers had left the house.  I have a smooth jazz station (think Kenny G, Dave Koz, etc.) and a pure relaxation station (think Enya, Jim Brickman, etc.).  That is a treat for me, I don't do it often, but right now, I'm feeling pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment