Friday, August 20, 2010

My tire blew out

I just had my tires looked at two weeks ago, so I must have run over something. Anyway,my left rear tire blew out while I was driving at highway speed just past milepost 44 of US 6 and 95 in Esmeralda County (or 15 miles before Tonopah if you prefer).

It was a miracle for a combination of reasons:

1. I was able to keep the car under control and get off to the gravel past the narrow shoulder on this busy two-lane road with lots of truck traffic.

2.Cell phone reception is spotty in the area at best. I had been in a dead zone for awhile. But I got a clear connection to AAA to help me.

3. Normally the response would have taken two hours to reach me from Hawthorne. A truck just happened.to be in the area returning from another service call and arrived in less than fifteen minutes.

4. My intention was to take US 6 and State Road 375 from Tonopah to Alamo, which I have used without incident several other times and which is at least 30 minutes shorter than the alternative. (US95 to Vegas, then I-15 from there.) This route has no services or cell phone reception for 148 miles. So getting help if this had happened just a little later would have been a major ordeal.

Thank you, Heavenly Father! I feel very blessed, and I am very thankful!

2 comments:

  1. Uggi that it happened, but awes that it gotten take care of with minimal pain ;) I didn't know you drove there

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely not a good feeling when you are driving the busy, fast two lane highway with nothing between you and ongoing traffic except a painted line and suddenly the car starts swerving because your tire is blown.

    I am so, so blessed it happened this way. Very grateful.

    ReplyDelete