Monday, June 7, 2010

Random Thoughts on a Toasty June Day

Thought for the day from Joshua's farewell address to the Israelites at age 110 after a lifetime of Godly service to them:

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."  --- Josh. 24: 15
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
It's a few weeks early to be this warm -- the fourth day in a row above 40 degrees Celsius (that's 104 on the Fahrenheit scale).  They say the high pressure system will now pass and it will gradually cool down to the 80s over the next few days -- I could handle just a little more Spring, thanks!
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
I've been going back up in weight gradually over the last two weeks, about a half pound each week.  Yesterday's weigh-in was 255.3.  I guess I'm OK with that, I've been advised to try eat enough to hold weight steady during radiation because apparently the body uses a lot of energy to repair cell damage.
 
------------------------------
 
I didn't sleep well last night.  My back is getting inflamed so I couldn't find a comfortable position.  I wore my back brace today.  Willyne got me some Doan's pills, which took the edge off but it's still pretty tender.  I called it a day at work a little after 4 and went home to rest.  Willyne also got me some heat pads, and they feel pretty nice.  Overall, I still feel like I'm doing pretty well through these radiation treatments and am very thankful for the blessings and power of so many friends' prayers.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment