Friday, June 25, 2010

New Music Today and More Fun With The Little Ones

The machines in the radiation room get quite warm, so the air conditioning is set extra cool to offset this.  The machines shut down if they get too hot.  Today they were bordering on that, and staff were rightly concerned about it.

When everything was in order, my treatment began . . . and then I noticed the room was quiet.  It's amazing how much longer the treatment seems to take if all I have to focus on is the movement of the machine, the red laser beams pointing various directions, and the unique sound at the moments the radiation is being applied. 

Fortunately I was blessed with a great idea.  I can sing to myself in my mind.  Here are the songs that helped me today:






If you click on any of these links, you will see the words of these songs.  When there, you can click to listen to them, or click to print them if you like.

I love the words of these songs.  Some I only know the first verse, others I went through all the verses.  Somehow when I finished the first verse of "O My Father" I knew the treatment was ending . . . and sure enough I then heard voices that meant staff was back in the room and my bench was being lowered so I could get back on my feet.

I had the most wonderful, peaceful feeling at that time.  My Heavenly Father loves me and He blessed me again today!

Soon after I came home from today's treatment, we all went on a walk


to the playground at the elementary school



 and back -- with stops on the way to see horses,



 cows,



and chickens.




The grandchildren and cousins loved it!





and so did Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment