Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Mother

My mother is 79 years young today.  I thought I would commemorate her special day by sharing a few pictures of her at various times in her life:

This picture was taken in 1932 with her mother Emelia outside their home in Council Bluffs, Iowa.  Her family called her Helen Louise.  She is 10 months old here, my grandmother is 37.



This picture was taken in 1938 in Council Bluffs with her brother Richard. She is age 7, he is 10.

Big smiles at age 13 at her aunt's home in Salt Lake City (1944)




Helen Louise at age 20 in Ogden, Utah a few months before she married Duane Edward Beecher (that was December 1951)




Here is a family group sheet showing my mother's father, mother, brother, and husband plus an extra picture of my mother as small girl.  The picture of each of my parents here were taken in the 1950s, they were in their 20s at the time.  You can double click on the picture to see it larger if you like.




Out in the backyard in Culver City, California with her 10 month old son in 1954 (yes the little guy is me).  Mom is 23.



She's cutting young Tommy's curly locks for the first time in 1960.  She is 29.  Glen (age 5) and John (age 4) are looking on.  This was taken at our home in the Brentwood section of Los Angeles.



Here's mom in 1967 (age 36), also in Los Angeles.


This was taken at my wedding in 1978 in Salt Lake City.  Mom is 46, Dad is 47.



I believe this one was taken at my brother Matt's wedding in 1995.  Mom is 63, Dad is 64.  If one of you reading this know better, please let me know.  :)



This was taken at the family luncheon following the funeral of her brother Richard in June 2006 in Bountiful, Utah.  My father is to her left and her aunt Helena (age 97 at the time) is to her right.  Mom's 75 here.


This was taken near my grandfather's gravesite in Portland, Oregon in October 2006.  My mother is talking with my aunt Josie Hileman (my father's half-sister)




Here is my mother, father, all but one of my brothers and sister taken at her 77th birthday in 2008 at my brother Steve's home in St. George, Utah.  From left to right is Margaret, Tom, Matt, father, mother, John, Steve, and me.  Sorry to say that my brother Glen isn't in the picture.




And here Mother is with me a month ago on Mother's Day.  Happy Birthday, Mother, I Love You!


2 comments:

  1. Awes! Great seeing all of these pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. It brought back a lot of memories choosing the pictures to put here. Thanks for enjoying them with me!

    ReplyDelete