Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

It has been a great year for Jacob. He and Hilary make a fabulous team--hard to believe they have been married more than 8 months ago (their wedding really doesn't seem that long ago, but then we all know time moves quickly!)

Anyway, I am very happy for Jacob and Hilary, especially on this special day!

I was also touched today by a couple things I read.

I subscribe to the Daily Gems published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Today's gem was written by Elder Richard G. Scott:

"The best way to make a permanent change for good is to make Jesus Christ your model and His teachings your guide for life."

I really believe this!

The other reading was Isaiah 9:6, which centuries later became the inspiration for the Hallelujah Chorus.

That song has been playing in my mind all day, and I have really enjoyed the sweet spirit it brought to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment