Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let's Try Again On "Consider The Lilies"



I thank my mother for pointing out to me that there was no audio or video on my post yesterday. Thanks to the wonders of You Tube, I think I have fixed it now.

It was a pretty normal Sunday.  I took my Sabbath break from the treadmill.  I'll admit it, I have gotten so I look forward to my one day a week off from that, but it also helps keep me going consistently the other six days of the week, so it's a good thing. 

We had clerk training from the stake at 7 this morning.  It was good, we learned all the new things we can do from home using the Church's new website now.  When you log in, it knows what calling you have and gives you support materials appropriate for that, which is terrific!

David and Tana Segler spoke in Sacrament Meeting on preparedness, it wound up being much more on spiritual preparedness than any other kind, with the idea being you have to do that first.  The primary also sang.  All very nice.  Hugh Howard taught his 5th Sunday journal writing class during the Sunday School hour.  He got us thinking about what is really important to each of us and why.  Then we had combined Priesthood and Relief Society, with presentations from the Young Men's, Elders, and Relief Society presidents, the High Priests group leader, and the bishop.  All of them, including Willyne, were good.  I think we are going to see a lot more of this in 2011.  I love Willyne's passion and the chance I get to help her with it ...

After church we had arranged a get-to-know-you dinner for 20 at our house.   We did turkey, mashed potatoes, and a chocolate sheet cake dessert.  Others brought items for the table too.  It was all to help our newest convert, Dayle Kelso, get to know more people in the ward.  Only problem was he hurt his back and legs at work a couple days ago, and wasn't up for this.  So the rest of us went ahead anyway -- very nice!  We took Dayle a plate afterwards with a note we all signed, and told him we hoped he would feel better next time.

From there it was choir practice.  Came home, and was pretty tired.  So here is my recipe to relax:  Eat some of Willyne's good leftovers, talk with Rachel on the phone, laugh and enjoy, get a small blanket to get warm and a pillow to get comfortable and watch a movie and a half with Willyne.  Now I feel pretty good ... just in time to head back to work tomorrow :)

I love Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment