Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Different Kind of Walking (I Like It)

It being Sunday, my friend terreeeblay got to rest today.  I will continue with day 11 tomorrow, although actually it wasn't entirely restful, just a different kind of walking today.  Willyne taught the Relief Society lesson today, among other things she had a simple challenge "Not Even Once".  Not Even Once will I do something I know to be wrong, no matter how enticing nor how little it might seem to matter.  Even more importantly, Not Even Once will I miss the opportunity to do good, be it to pray daily, attend the temple regularly, give service, and so forth.  For about an hour and a half this afternoon, I helped her take this message, beautifully presented on blocks of wood, to the sisters that were sick or otherwise missed the opportunity to receive this in person.  I'm sure I walked at least as far as I would have on the treadmill, but for a better cause!

It was a quiet, busy day, as Sundays often are for Willyne and me.  I did get a chance to read and ponder the scriptures today, if you'd like to see my notes from that here's a link to my "I Believe" blog for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment