Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Olive Tree and The Vineyard

I read Jacob 5 yesterday and again today.  Yesterday I read it with the "old" Institute manual, which prepared me to read it a second time today, with the "new" Institute manual (go to page 122, then read through page 127).  There is a flow chart on pages 124 and 125 that are particularly helpful in following the flow of this story that is full of symbolism. 

I have read this chapter perhaps a dozen times in my life.  The first few times, it was just a story.  In particular, this reading today, having first read pages 122-7 and then reading the chapter itself with the flow chart was very meaningful to me. 

I highly recommend it!

------------------------------------------------


It is seven days until this becomes an invitation-only blog on Wednesday, September 8. Please see the August 25 entry and comments for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment