Friday, September 17, 2010

King Benjamin and Restaurants - A Diverse and Pleasant Day

There were three highlights to my day.

One was reading Mosiah 3 which is one of the chapters that quotes King Benjamin.  I particularly studied verse 19, which teaches that we must put off the natural man, become a saint through the atonement of Christ and become as a child.  I found several quotes that built on this theme.  My favorite was by President Eyring, "Most of us want to be strong. We may well see being like a child as being weak. . . . But King Benjamin, who understood as well as any mortal what it meant to be a man of strength and courage, makes it clear that to be like a child is not to be childish. It is to be like the Savior."  If you're interested, I wrote more about this here.  (you may have to click on a second window that says "to see blog click here").

This afternoon I met with someone who was just referred to me who is interested in buying a local restaurant.  We got acquainted, I made sure they knew what they were getting in to (running a restaurant is a LOT of work that never stops), and gave them some ideas they seemed to enjoy.  I hope it goes well for them.

Not long after that, I got to talk with Josh for a minute as he was leaving the office.  A mutual friend was in Seattle this week on business, and while there took a picture of this establishment across from the Pike Place Market:


He wanted to know if we're any relation to these folks.  I sent a quick e-mail to my uncle Wally, who lives near Tacoma not far away, to see what he knew.  The short answer it is named for someone who's first name was Beecher.  Turns out this is a great place, check it out here.  Wally recommends "the Flagship ... shaved on green salad it's great."  Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment