Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fun Clothes for a Deadline Day




If you have a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership on a calendar year, the extension you filed earlier this year expired today.  It was busy but fairly quiet for a deadline day.  We had lunch brought in from Durangos and I wore my "1040" tie that I got as a gift from Becca earlier this year.  I know, today wasn't a 1040 deadline day.  I still got some smiles from it, which is hard to do on a taxing day!

We also had City Council this evening.  We accepted the work done by Hawker Enterprises to rework most of the culinary water lines in the city, most of which were 50+ years old and in bad shape.  They ran into numerous surprises as they dug, which made the project take longer than planned.  The good news is they worked well with Doug Gubler and the rest of the city public works staff, and we have a really good water delivery system now, including some extras because of the surprises found -- all for less money than the original project bid.

We also got a report of the final settlement of the Bob Stevens property cleanup case tonight.  The properties are now clean and we recovered our legal fees.  This went on about five years, I'm tired just thinking about this case, but I'm very glad it's over.

2 comments: