Monday, September 20, 2010

More Camping - Star Gazing Proposals

Some of you reading this may know I like travelling the back roads just to see the scenery a little better.  I got even more interested after Willyne found me a book several years back ...


If you've ever been fascinated with the "Travel Bookstore" featured in the movie "Notting Hill", then this is your book.  William Trogdon (who takes the name William Least Heat-Moon) travels 13,000 miles around America and has some amazing experiences along the way, including one freezing night stuck in the snow at Cedar Breaks (in May!).

I have this theory that my family is scattered around enough that eventually as I travel to see living family members and the tombstones of those who have gone to a better place that I will make it to every county in America.  I've already been to a fair number of them.

Tonight I looked at a Utah map, and determined I have been to 27 of its 29 counties. All but Daggett and Wayne.  Wayne has Canyonlands, should be great scenery and good stargazing at night.  Anyone in with me?

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully more will give a thumbs up or down on this. In the meantime, a Doug and Doug (plus whoever else we can convince) overnight camp sounds good!

    ReplyDelete