Saturday, September 18, 2010

Getting Our Pool Off Our Roof




I had a mostly great day.  Willyne and I went to Jacob and Hilary's for breakfast and to see their fabulous Halloween banister decorations.  Halloween decorations are usually fun, spooky, colorful, but I've never thought of using the word "classy" to describe them.  Their banister absolutely was!

Their waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, with Polish sausage on the side was delicious too!

After breakfast I went with Willyne to Tai Pan Trading -- my first time ever to this store I have heard so much about.  The first thing I said after I was inside is "This store just screams Jacob!"  We found some plates Willyne had been looking for a very long time, so yea for that!

Next I went to the library to do a little work, and at 1:30 I met Josh and Ethan at Doug Jr's home to watch the Gators play the Volunteers.  It was a good game and we were enjoying being together, but near the end of the third quarter Danielle called me to say the crane had arrived to lift the swimming pool out of the back yard and their were issues -- I better come home.  I understood it was going around the side of the house so I wasn't that concerned, but there wasn't room for the crane and the trailer, so they took it over the roof.  That's when the issues started.  The two videos here show the first attempt to get it off the roof, then the second attempt, which was successful  ...




All's well that ends well, right?  Everyone was gone by 7, I quickly changed clothes and got to an excellent Stake Conference session.  Willyne and I both have some good notes with ideas on making our scripture study more effective and more enjoyable, and I'm quite appreciative for that ... and that no one got hurt in the swimming pool episode!

3 comments:

  1. those videos are awesome! you can't beat commentary like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Benjamin, those videos are legend, I thoroughly enjoyed watching/listening to as mom describes "a very serious matter!". good times! glad everything went well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everything went well too. My biggest concerns was that it might fall on someone (you may recall my accidently drop a couch off a third story balcony down to a parking lot story, so I do have reasons for these thoughts) and that it might scrape a little of the roof off - allowing for leaking when the rains come -- which we have certainly had issues with in the past. No one was hurt, and the roof appears to have survived this without damage -- we will see for sure when the rains come.

    Glad you enjoyed being a part of this by video!

    ReplyDelete