Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas Eve!

It was so good to see blue sky and white peaks after a week of rain.  I felt a new energy just feeling the sun!






 Enjoying LaVerkin Community Christmas Eve Program 




Part of the joy of living in this community is the traditional Christmas Eve program.  A well-read story, a few musical numbers, then we all sang "Santa Claus is coming to town" ... and he did!  I'm not sure anyone knows how long we have been doing it, and I'm glad the tradition is still going strong ...

They also gave out awards for Christmas lighting tonight.  Our family got one for best nativity.  I accepted for us, feeling like it should have been Willyne -- she and Andrew Dockstader did all the work.  But it is true the nativity is my favorite part of our decorations.

After the program we had a nice dinner and conversation.  Mostly it was on how is everyone doing and then it gravitated towards education, what it is, what it isn't, and what we wish it would be.  A great evening.  It is good to have Uncle Bill here with us for the first time in several years.

And let us not forget day3 -  I walked 0.35 miles with my friend in 10 minutes on a flat surface.  Series 2 total is 1.03 miles in 30 minutes.  I recommend the Santa hat 4smiles & bonus burn -- sorry I couldn't figure out how to take a picture of myself it would have been a classic ...

No comments:

Post a Comment