Sunday, April 24, 2011

Writers Block

I guess I do have an audience here ... after 380 days of writing, I took a 2 1/2 week break beginning April 8.  Today I heard from three of you ... thank you, you know who you are!

One of the things that kept me going every day was the knowledge that inertia is a powerful force.  Objects in motion want to continue in motion.  Objects at rest want to continue resting. 

If anything, that is more true for writing, not less.  So once the force of getting everyone's tax returns done got to the point that I felt compelled to take a pause, it has been hard even thinking of what to write ... perhaps that is curious coming from a tortoise who simply tries to write about whatever happens to him with the hope that the variety itself will make the tale interesting.

I did start walking again one day last week.  That lasted exactly one day, then the next day there was just too much to do.

So ... I'll just start again and see where it takes me.  If I'm a little slow warming the engine back up, well I'll ask your patience in advance!

One other note ... one way I make it easier to write at the end of the day is that I send text messages to twitter as things happen during the day.  You can see the most recent few tweets in the right column of this blog ... you don't actually have to go to twitter if you don't want to.  It is really interesting figuring out how to say something meaningful in 140 characters, but I think I'm getting better at it ...

For now, it's 10:45 and past my bedtime, so that's where I'm headed.  After all this is the Keep Dad Alive blog, and I notice sleep is a very important part of the plan :)  See you tomorrow and thanks for the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment