Monday, April 25, 2011

If You Enjoy The Reruns ... It Might Be A Good Show

I only let myself get interested in one television show at a time.  It's a matter of time -- I don't want to devote any more time than an hour a week to TV.

So what kind of shows catch my interest ... I'm not sure how you classify them.  I still like quoting Schultz from Hogan's Heroes "I know nothing, I see nothing!"  The show was funny for its absurdity.  Maybe that also explains why I liked Northern Exposure and Ed when they were on.  Northern Exposure helped me enjoy Rob Morrow, so when he reappeared on Numb3rs that was a plus ... but lets get real here, how could I of all people, pass on a show called Numb3rs.  There are lots of people who understand mathematics better than I do.  My gift is more in the realm of arithmetic ...  and Numb3rs included plenty of arithmetic along with heavily theoretical mathematics.  Showing Caltech's botanical garden of a campus didn't hurt either.

As Numb3rs neared its finale, along came Castle.  Willyne enjoys it, so I get the double pleasure of being with her along with the show.  To me, one measure of a good show is that you can watch a rerun and it is just as exciting the second time as it was the first.  It is still suspenseful, and you see things you didn't see the first time.  Castle is one of those shows, tonight was a rerun.

It was good!

5 comments:

  1. I love it, Dad endorsing a rerun. Glad the blog is back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Benjamin, for Dad to promote a tv show means it must be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I second what has been said by Benjamin and Rachel as well! Fortunately for me, I already enjoy Castle, and agree that even re-runs are good. Megan and I have a "Castle" date every Tuesday night!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darin and I have Castle dates as well! That is the one show we watch together- great show and good company! AWES dad!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Four of you commenting -- I love it, thank you!

    (It is interesting to me which subjects entice comments and which don't ... love, love, love!)

    ReplyDelete