Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pitiful Pictures Of A Nice Walk

I was excited this morning to have bright light, and almost sunshine, at 7:06 am for a walk.  I love sunshine in the morning, and that is a rarity in La Verkin.  I don't have to exaggerate to say that it has been pitch black at 7 am for nearly six months ... until the past couple weeks.  (The usual question being which white T shirt am I going to wear today so cars will see me as I walk)

It was a real treat to walk outside, in the cool windy morning, and not only have light but to see the sun making its way past the Overlook.  The trees were green and welcoming as well.  So, out came my trusty Blackberry, cracked case and all, to take the picture.

I will admit it, the picture is pitiful, in the full Southern sense of the word.  I can see a group of Forsyths making fun of it in my minds eye as I type this.  Trust me though ... it looked great in person!

Walking in La Verkin is a real treat.  The school bus passed me, then Eric Nielson in his white pickup, smile, and big wave of the arm.  When I got to the corner of Center and Main I turned left to go around the school.  The recycling binnies are gone now, moved to Farmers Market, where I am pleased to say they are even better used than they were near the school parking lot.  Easier access there.

A block down the street from the school, I had another Kodak moment.  I saw this cute Super A tractor, bright red, and thought it had Benjamin written all over it.  It's for sale for the low, low price of $1,200 if you're interested ...
To Josh and anyone else interested in the numbers of this walk, the Terreeeblay blog is back at http://terreeeblay.blogspot.com/2011/04/85.html

Doug, I'm sorry I got busy later in the day and cancelled our time together.  I'll try extra hard to make it tomorrow.  After seeing these pictures, you're probably all hoping I try extra hard ...

See you then!

2 comments:

  1. So many things I love about this, that is such a La Verkin moment. Going for a walk, seeing tons of people you know, classic La Verkin. Its bright, hot, and humid at 7 o'clock here, so I'm jealous of the nice cool breeze you still have friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd better enjoy it while it lasts ... it will be 45 degrees C instead of F in the blink of an eye! (45 C = 113 F, in case you were wondering, which well, OK, you probably weren't ...)

    The best thing about our spring weather is it is sunny and low 80s in the day and a brisk 45 in the early morning. Try getting that in a humid climate!

    ReplyDelete