Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ten Flights of Stairs, Taken Slowly

This morning I visited the treadmill again ... http://terreeeblay.blogspot.com/2011/02/32.html

Mid-morning I visited Jacob.  Good to see him!

At lunch I went to the quarterly lunch meeting of the local hospital charitable foundation.  We heard a presentation on what they are doing to help people return to normal living after having knee surgery.  Then we went up to take a tour of the actual facility.  Very nice, as were the people.

I got a new look at what terreeeblay is doing for me though.  I thought I was doing well, and still think I am, but realize I have a long, long ways to go.  The lunch is held in the basement.  The elevator to the 4th floor was a long time coming, so most of us headed to the stairs.  It was five long flights of stairs up, the kind where you go halfway one direction then halfway the other, so it felt like ten flights of stairs.

By the time we got to the top, everyone else was a whole floor ahead of me.  But I made it.  Go Mr. Tortoise!

Then it was on to Staples to buy four boxes of paper (we really do use a lot of it) and back to the office for more appointments and work on the computer.  A brilliant day!

2 comments: