Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lincoln's Birthday

1809 Abraham Lincoln is born in Kentucky on February 12.

I'm not sure who failed more times before he succeeded, Mr. Lincoln or Mr. Edison, but both are great examples of persistence!

I love to go to the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC.  There is a reverence there that is wonderful and palpable. 

I love that he recognized the hand of God and the power of prayer in his life and our lives.

I appreciate the personal sacrifice he made for the country I am blessed to live in today.

And as a side note, in 1965, the centennial year of his ultimate sacrifice, my dad took my brothers and I to Death Valley to camp on Lincoln's Birthday, still a very happy memory of mine.  It's still the only time I've been to Death Valley.  A very colorful place, from the rocks to Scotty's Castle, where camp was surprisingly cold.  The theme song was the theme from James Bond's Goldfinger, fairly newly released at the time.

In 2011, I commemorated the day by thinking about Lincoln from time to time, while meeting with 4 clients and doing 7 tax returns.  It was a long, busy, quality day.

Series 3 began today.  For more on that, please click on:  http://terreeeblay.blogspot.com/2011/02/36.html.  I did the walk in two 39 minutes pieces because of the schedule for the day and computer issues I had downloading files I needed early this morning.  When I came back for the second half, I bumped up the grade to 3% from the planned 2%.  Pulse was quick, steady, and reasonable even with the grade.  It is a noticable difference from a month ago, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment