Saturday, February 19, 2011

19 Feb 2011

Thoughts for today ...

Acts 20:35-36 "... ye ought to support the weak and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all."   Somehow the familiar message that it is better to give than to receive becomes even more meaningful when we realized that Paul concluded that teaching moment by kneeling and praying with the congregation.

I read the Church News and Mormon Times a few weeks after they arrive in our mailbox.  This morning while eating breakfast I found this article by Jerry Earl Johnston in the 1/1/11 issue that I enjoyed:  "Finding an LDS connection with Kipling's 'Jungle Books'".  You can read it by clicking here:  http://tinyurl.com/46a7hwc

My friend Gary Lynn is celebrating his 58th birthday somewhere in the world today (as a Boeing 777 pilot for Continental Airlines he could literally be anywhere, and back home in Alpine, Utah tomorrow).  Happy Birthday, Gary!

I did my second "Series 3" walk today, you can read about it here: 
http://terreeeblay.blogspot.com/2011/02/42.html

No comments:

Post a Comment