Monday, July 19, 2010

Random Thoughts On A Hot Summer Night

Pretty standard mid-July day.  Hot.  At least it dropped to 108 today, it was 112 the last four days.  I like to say that you put up with the six hottest weeks of the year here so you can be here to enjoy the rest of the year.  Maybe I'm getting older, maybe it was the radiation treatments, maybe it really was hotter this year.  I will admit I have gotten dizzy a few times with the heat this year, so I've had to be careful.  And that's OK.

We had horrible viruses hit the two computers we use at the house a week ago.  I wound up replacing one computer completely and had to complete clean the other and restore everything.  Tonight I'm just finishing up with the "restore everything" part.  I've lost track of how much time it has taken, but I think it has passed 20 hours.  Wow.  I'm glad it's about over...

The best part of the day was watching the movie Chicken Run with Ethan and Kate.  They decided it was a good night for Grandpa to be goofy.  This means lots of hugs and general fun.  I really look forward to those nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment