Sunday, July 11, 2010

Enjoying family just a little longer before they head home!

Family started heading home today, sure has been nice having them!  Josh, Megan, and their children left today, Benjamin and Doug Jr go tomorrow, Sarah, Darin, and their children leave Tuesday . . . you get the idea. 

So we enjoyed today while we could.  Had a nice dinner, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and apple crisp.  Tasted great, company was even better!

My mother fell at church and hurt her feet and ankles.  Tom and I gave her a blessing, and we tried making her as comfortable as possible.  My dad was there this evening, she tried too.  Hopefully the swelling will be a little less in the morning.

We got a new bishopric in our ward today.  Lee Hogan is the bishop, Lynn Maxwell and Sherm Howard are his counselors.  The executive secretary and clerks (including me) are continuing the same.  They are all good people and really care for the people in my ward.  I'm looking forward to the continued opportunity to serve, it really is a blessing!

Our former bishop, Gary McKell, and his wife Eileen are going to serve a mission at BYU Hawaii.  They are very excited about it, and I'm excited for them!

Going back to family, Chloe, Darin, and Benjamin did some dancing to what I think was ballet music tonight.  It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment