Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ragozzines Head Home... God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again!

The Ragozzines left for home today -- can't believe it's been a month already!  To say that it has been a wonderful month for all of us in our family is a major understatement.  Thank you for making the effort to come, and thanks to every family member who did so much to help us be together these precious weeks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture of the day... Riley and Emma!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I continued reading in Moroni 7 today.  I plan to read it a few times repetitively, and ponder and pray to get its full meaning.  I was impressed today that we think of charity as being willing to give to those in need.  Moroni teaches us that there is more to charity than that -- that "charity is the pure love of Christ".  I am realizing that charity in a single word encompasses all the good that Christ did for each of us and the attributes that He desires each of us to develop and magnify in our own lives.

Here are a few more verses I dwelt on and enjoyed today,

19 "Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.



20 "And now, my brethren, how is it possible that ye can lay hold upon every good thing?


21 "And now I come to that faith, of which I said I would speak; and I will tell you the way whereby ye may lay hold on every good thing.


22 "For behold, God knowing all things, being from everlasting to everlasting, behold, he sent angels to minister unto the children of men, to make manifest concerning the coming of Christ; and in Christ there should come every good thing.


23 "And God also declared unto prophets, by his own mouth, that Christ should come.


24 And behold, there were divers ways that he did manifest things unto the children of men, which were good; and all things which are good cometh of Christ ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment