Friday, August 12, 2011

This morning I went to a doctor visit.  All continues to be well.  What did come out of it is that after nine months of pretty much daily walking I was challenged to increase my pace to 15, then 14, then 13, then 12 minutes per mile!  

I did another hour towards my continuing education requirement for the year, and passed another quiz.  I am studying how to better use QuickBooks to get more useful reports for my clients!

I also went to the temple while I was in St. George.  I am trying to make it a Friday habit, so far I'm at three consecutive weeks.  I enjoy the peaceful feeling there.  It is a good place to read and pray.  On day 6, I read Ezekiel 32, 3 Nephi 10, and D&C 88:81-125. One of the blessings of following Christ: "He that seeketh me early, shall find me and shall not be forsaken." D&C 88:83 

On the way home, I listened to Elder Ronald Rasband's talk from the April 2010 Priesthood Session.  Missionary calls really are inspired of God .. 

I ate my dinner in 10 minutes.  One serving of homemade lasagna and a couple cups of water.  Fast and very tasty!  Then it was time to go to Boyd's viewing.  He looked very peaceful.  I'm glad after such a fight for life that he had.  Esther held up pretty well too, so it was a good evening.

My walk was in the evening.  It was a real effort for me to reach my first time (since my youth) to beat a 15 min/mile pace for 1.6 miles. Details at the blog too boring to be the most boring blog in America:  .

The tortoise is smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment